Diversify cares about your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with this policy and the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Cwth) – which also includes the Australian Privacy Principles (APP’s).
The purpose of this privacy notice is to set out the type of information that Diversify may collect about you and the purposes for which Diversify will use and/or disclose your personal information and how it should be treated.
Diversify may change this privacy notice at any time. If we make any changes, they will be published on this page and you will have immediate access to the most up to date version of this privacy notice. We recommend that you check this page regularly.
If you would prefer not to receive cookies, you can alter your security settings on your web browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, by disabling the ‘cookie’ function in your web browser you may impede your ability to use parts of the website.
What is your personal information?
Your personal information
- Contact information
- Job position or title
- Membership of associations, industry groups, boards or networking groups
- If required, financial information
- If required, health information
If the personal information you provide to us is inaccurate, or if you choose not to provide us with certain personal information, we may not be able to contact you, give you access to information you have requested or otherwise provide you with the outcome you require from us.
How we collect personal information
- Directly from the source to whom the personal information relates
- From organisations about their employees and contractors
- From organisations about their customers and suppliers
- Marketing purposes, from events, seminars, business associates, potential new clients and other third party sources.
- Contact forms and subscription forms completed by visitors to the Diversify website *
We also collect information via analytics software that can track use of the website. This analytic information can include navigation through the website, number of visits, duration of the visit and the areas of the website commonly used. This analytic information does not identify or disclose any personal information about the visitor and is utilised to improve performance of the website.
This information can also assist us in preventing or detecting fraud or abuses of the website. By visiting the Diversify website, you are accepting and consenting to the collection of this information. The information we collect in this way will not personally identify you.
Use and disclosure of personal information
- to conduct our business (including through the provision of our services);
- to provide information or market our services that may be of interest to you;
- to communicate with you and manage our relationship with you;
- to purchase from you;
- to facilitate our internal business operations, such as for internal marketing analysis;
- to comply with our legal obligations; and
- to help us manage and enhance our services.
- other members of Diversify;
- any third parties who assist us in providing services or who perform functions on our behalf (such as mailing houses, specialist consultants and barristers);
- to our external service providers, who assist us in operating our business (subject to the compliance with the NPPs);
- courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities; and
- anyone else who you authorise us to disclose it to.
Cross border disclosure
- We have the consent from the individual to whom the personal information relates
- It complies with the NPP’s.
All information is held in a secure, electronic or physical manner. Information storage methods include access controlled premises or via electronic databases and customer relationship management databases that require logins and passwords.
We take all reasonable steps to protect all personal information that we hold from misuse or unauthorised access.
Access and Accuracy Information
You have a right to view and have a copy of, personal information about you that we hold at any time, unless we are permitted under the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 to refuse access. If you are able to establish that personal information we are holding about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you wish to exercise your right of access and correction, please contact Diversify using the details provided below. We may charge you a reasonable fee for processing your request to access your information. Identification will also be required to access personal information.
At any time you may opt out of receiving any communications from Diversify
Our Privacy Officer:
Alternatively, complaints may also be referred to a number of services as set out below:
Australian Information Commissioner
The Australian Information Commissioner receives complaints under the Act. Complaints can be made:
By phone: on 1300 363 992
By fax: on +61 2 9284 9666
Address your letter to the Australian Information Commissioner at the:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 2999
Canberra ACT 2601 NSW 2001
How we will deal with your complaint
The complainant may be invited to participate in a conference by the staff member conducting the investigation. At the discretion of the [insert title as applicable ie facility manager] other interested parties may also be invited to participate in the conference to discuss the nature of the complaint and attempt to resolve it. This may include the presence or participation of a support person or advocate for the complainant.
The complainant will be provided with a response to their complaint within a reasonable timeframe after completion of any investigation. This response will be in writing and will include the outcome of the investigation, any proposed action
How to Contact Us
If you wish to contact us about your personal information, to obtain further information about privacy or to lodge a complaint, you should contact our Privacy Officer at the following email address: email@example.com
For further information, please visit the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.gov.au.